The Programme Aims of BJMC are:
- To offer applied journalism and mass communication education to those who seek to work in the media, public relations, advertising and other related fields;
- To provide students with training in the discipline and opportunities to study the theory and practice of journalism and mass communication in the age of digitization and convergence;
- To become one of the leading establishments in higher education in Hong Kong in the discipline of Journalism and Mass Communication.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Prorgrammes, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the roles, responsibilities, and values of professionals in journalism, communication, and media production;
- Apply critical thinking and experiential learning skills to the mass media and mediated communication in the digitalised media landscape;
- Apply their understanding of the role of the media responsibly for the good of the community;
- Analyse the structure and dynamics of contemporary media across contexts and its impact on society;
- Undertake empirical research for communication studies;
- Actively champion ethical practice in the communication profession;
- Apply skills in writing and editorial work to journalism, public relations, advertising, and other specialties in the communication industry;
- Apply appropriate media technology independently and skilfully to media production for communication and interdisciplinary purposes.